Fighting an unwanted ADS among consumers is almost a trend. Drowning in a stream of meaningless sentences, a person thinks: it has sure to be otherwise.
Has anyone tried to calculate how many promotional offers they see on an active day? In 2007, they said about 5000, which looks scary. Moreover, both for the population and for marketing, because the value of the advertising proposal created by the business is rapidly falling.
Most viewers have told the famous Black Mirror series about ADS never felt unreal. But it sure seemed unpleasant and frightening.
What are we observing?
- At the request of “a lot of advertising,” the search engine issues lists of benefits to minimize advertising in your own space and, if possible, to completely disable it on some resources.
- And yet, there is some kind of advertising that our brain perceives. There is an advertisement that we might like, and there is one that can be called timely. Good reason for companies to permanently engage in this fair fight.
- In many countries, there is a struggle against aggressive outdoor advertising. People want to see their cities clean. How soon will they require portals cleared of ads and manipulative texts?
- The market regulates itself well, but in modern conditions the advertising market is a mess. It becomes cheap and, worse, poor-quality. It is on such advertising – cheap and low-quality, that they bet. Something will turn into noise, and something will become a precedent.
Advertising is the only creative product with which nothing is unpredictable at all.
Because any other product can be fixed by advertising. Advertising itself should resonate. If it hits, the consumer will be delighted.
If we turned an advertiser’s path into an endless auction (who will give more), then how to get out of a vicious circle? Marketers came to several conclusions:
- By the method of unlimited loyalty we turn advertising dust into a feather pillow. Only exceptional kindness can seep into all holes. Honesty and kindness.
- The symbiosis of educational and entertainment effects. Maintaining a high level of social responsibility has not yet harmed a single brand.
- Creation of unobtrusive advertising with the maximum use of the psychology of personal experience. In order not to overdo it, recruit people with a heightened sense of internal ethics.
- If you need to talk, then we sing, but better, we draw pictures. It should not be included in that channel of perception that the consumer uses on a particular resource. It’s much more honest to single out an advertisement: here, on a serious blog, there will be a bright picture – this is an advertisement. You can distract and see.
At the end of the 20th century, Shulman at fMRI saw that the “brain noise” is weakened when a person is focused on a task. At the same time, a decrease in activity was observed in almost all departments, which in itself is paradoxical. We strain the brain – and its activity decreases. We are calmer when we solve a problem, and less calm when we mess around.
Thus, it can be assumed that the implementation of important work by the experimental will give you the opportunity to get deeper into it with your advertising. People who wander aimlessly around the Internet to distract themselves, perceive advertising much worse. Less attentive and more aggressive.