If you are a blogger, a business owner or have some online presence you might be interested in gaining more customers. That is when you need to have a defined marketing strategy to better attract customers.
What is a content marketing strategy?
Having a content marketing strategy means you have a plan on how, in what order, you will present your content to your audience, taking into consideration you short and long term goals.
Types of content
That is what you can post. You should create a good mix out of many types of possible content, that would include:
- Company blog posts
- Branded blog posts
- User-generated content like an Instagram post
- Case studies
- Press releases
- News and magazine articles
Types of channels
That is how you can present you content to the world. Use a combination of some of them for better results. Possible channels include:
- Email – believed to be the most effective.
- Social media
- Search engine ads
How to create a content marketing strategy?
Before starting to actually create your content think of all possible resources you can use. Do you have enough budget, people or skills to perform a certain task? Consider it before initiating the process. Next, think who can create the exact type of content for you in the best way. Someone from your team, outside it, or maybe an outside hire?
There are many ways to start developing your strategy. Here are some of them:
- Define your goals & metrics – define the short- and long-term goals you want to meet by a certain time. For each goal set a type of measurement to define your success.
- Analyze your current content- understand what type of your content works or doesn’t work right now. Can some of it be used in future? If you mostly post on social media channels, perform a social media audit. Understand what works well there and use more of it later.
- Map your customer journey- different types of content work better at different points of your customer journey. Try to figure out what better suits your customer when he or she is just becoming aware of your existence, gets interested in your product, is eager to buy it, purchases it. Don’t forget that you still should keep in touch with your customer after the purchase.
Implement your content marketing strategy
Now you need to write your plan down and keep editing it until it looks good to you. You might want to create a schedule to better navigate your strategy. There are many existing apps for this purpose. Get ready to start your content marketing campaign. Regularly check in with your written strategy, schedule and mark your journey.
Overall, you don’t have to focus only on your self-created materials, your content should not be limited to your company updates. Content marketing strategies vary from business to business and it is impossible to identify one right decision. Start and figure out strategies that could work for you!